We have been steadily plugging on over the last few weeks, fitting deck, adding deck fittings, completing pilot house and hatches. Marcus has been caulking religiously and he has fourteen seems to go on the starboard side and then she will be water tight.
We have been painting in the evenings and weekends to keep up the progress. The capping rail is now in place and after being shaped it is now being oiled and looks amazing.We have used treenails and bronze screws to fasten the capping rail.
The deck is 75% finished and what a sturdy beautiful deck we have. The Opepe hardwood that we have used is fantastic. The pilot house, hatches, bits, stanchion posts and capping are all made of the same hard wood. Our diesel and water tanks are now inside the vessel. This is a great stage to be at because we can now close up the pilot house and put the seating inside and make our bunks on top of the tanks. Only two months to go and she will be ready for launch.